CAST & CREW
MORE CAST & CREW
Some films work wonders even though the lead artists are not seasoned. Some films just prove to be damp squib though there is big star ensemble. Pallikoodam Pogamalae is of the first category.
Tejas is studying in 12th standard, and he is not good at studies. But he is a champion in sports. Tejas and Aishwarya, who first quarrel with each other, later become lovers. There is also Dhleepan Pughazendhi, who has the determination of being number 1 in whatever he does. Tejas gets fewer marks in his exams and due to the frustration he attempts suicide. Aishwarya rescues him and gives him motivation. After this, there is a drastic change in Tejas' life (he even becomes class topper) which triggers the jealousy of Dileepan. What does Dileepan do to feed his ego? Watch the film to find out.
Debutante Tejas virtually lives the role. He surely will get the sympathy of the audience. Debutante Aishwarya shows a worthy performance. Dileepan, who is the villain of the film, does an outstanding job. Ganesh Venkatraman, with his meaty role, surely deserves accolades. A Venkatesh, Raj Kapoor and Devadarshini have also given their support to the film.
The subject is contemporary, and the director has done justice to his role. The film will surely be considered as one of the best attempts of flicks under such category, for its relevant message.
1. Certain scenes keep you hooked to the seat.
2. Director Jayaseelan has ably touched on the discrepancies of the education system, the stress of the students, etc.
3. The storyline is unique and will surely strike a chord with the audience.
4. The dialogues are an advantage of the film.
5. Music of Samsun Kottur is good. BGM is outstanding.
What's not there?
1. The pace of the flick is very slow.
2. One wonders why some scenes are there in the film.
The flick can be watched for touching a contemporary issue.
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS