CAST & CREW
MORE CAST & CREW
New generation movies that hit the right chord with the audience have been the forte of Thirukumaran Entertainment production, under the banner of Thirukumaran. But has their latest outing 144 lived up to the expectations?
The movie begins with two villages (fictitious ones named Poomalaikundu and Erimalaikundu) that fight with each other. Then suddenly the film loses track and becomes a gangster sort of comedy somewhat.
The movie is filmed in the backdrop of Madurai. The film revolves around eight significant characters. A specific happening connects all these individuals. The movie has six songs. Huge amount of comedy is interspersed in the movie. Why is the movie titled section 144? You have got to watch it to know more.
Ashok Selvan, as a car racer, has done an earnest job. Mirchi Siva, as a local jewel thief, has shown a natural performance. Oviya, donning the role of a bold prostitute has less scope to perform. However, she does a fair job. Shruti Ramakrishna is ok as a drug addict. Mundasipatti Ramadoss is has a plump role in this film, and he excels in it.
1. The artistic touch of
Gopi Anand is a major highlight of the movie.
2. Gurudev's cinematography is excellent.
3. Editing of Leo John Paul is crisp.
4. Sean Roldan’s music gels well with the humorous streak of the movie.
5. A robbery scene in the film is highly entertaining.
What’s not there?
1. The characters in the film are not etched properly.
2. The screenplay is not up to the mark.
3. The twists in the movie are pitiably missing.
4. After the interval, the movie seems to lack the entertainment factor. The movie is quite dragging in the second half.
5. The film could have been presented well.
Just smile throughout the movie….after all, there is no harm in smiling!
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS