is an accomplished and brilliant film actor from Kerala. He has also tried his hand in producing and playback singing as well. He has an extensive list of Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi movies to his credit. Prithviraj has also produced a couple of successful movies under his Production Company, August Cinema. The films,
Ayalum Njanum Thammil
, and Vasthavam, brought him two State Awards for Best Actor. He also received a National Award for producing the film,
1. ‘Ennu Ninte Moideen’ (2015) This 2015 hit movie marks a milestone in the career of this young actor. Directed by
, it won more than 40 awards including a national award. In this picture, Prithviraj played the character Moideen, who is a revolutionary and a social activist. He received many best actor awards for this character. It was a box-office hit, collecting over 50 crores. Parvathy,
and Lena appeared in other lead roles.
’ (2015) Another top hit of 2015, the film Anarkali is a saga of eternal love. Directed by Sachi, it stars Prithviraj,
, and Miya in the lead roles. Prithviraj appears as Shanthanu Varma, a diving instructor at Kavaratti, who was a former naval officer.
produced the picture under the banner of Magic Moon Creations. All the songs of the movie received wide acclaim.
3. ‘Indian Rupee’ (2011) Prithviraj produced this film under the banner of August Cinema, for which he got a national award. It stars Prithviraj,
as the main characters. It tells the story of Jayaprakash, a real-estate dealer who is in pursuit to make quick money. It was a commercial and critical success of the year 2011, and also received a National Award for Best Film.
4. ‘Celluloid’ (2012) This movie is based on the real-life story of J. C Daniel, who is known as the father of Malayalam cinema. The veteran director Kamal directed the film, produced by Prime Time Cinema. Prithviraj plays the role of Daniel with Mamtha Mohandas as his wife, Janet. It received a National Film Award in 2012 for The Best Feature Film in Malayalam, and also six Kerala State Film Awards including the Best Actor Award for Prithviraj.
5. ‘Ayalum Njanum Thammil’ (2012) It is a 2012 box-office hit film of Prithviraj directed by
. It tells the story of a doctor, Ravi Tharakan, who works at a private hospital. The artistic excellence of Prithviraj in this film paved him the way towards the Kerala State Best Actor Award for 2012. It also received much critical appreciation, and also three other State Awards.
6. ‘Paavada’ (2015) This film brings out the finesse and artistic excellence of Prithviraj as an actor. It features Prithviraj as the character Pambu Joy, an around the clock drunkard. Directed by G. Marthandan and produced by
, the film became a commercial success, collecting more than 15 crores.
, Asha Sharath,
, and Maniyanpilla Raju handle other lead roles.
’ (2013) This film gives a different appearance to the actor in Prithviraj. It is the story of a police officer, Antony Moses, who moves forward through mysterious and bewildering incidents in life. The movie, directed by Rosshan Andrews has the script of Bobby and Sanjay. It met with positive reviews and praises at the theaters and made an average profit.
8. ‘James and Alice’ (2016) This film is the directorial debut of the accomplished cinematographer
. Though the theme is a cliché, the narrative style and unique cinematography have made it exciting and heart-touching. Produced by Dharmik Films, the movie met with a fair commercial success and many positive reviews.
9. ‘Urumi’ (2011) It is a historical film directed by
, starring Prithviraj,
, Jagathy Sreekumar, and Genelia D’Sousa in the lead. Prithviraj co-produced it under the banner of August Cinema. He plays the role of Chirakkal Kelu, who fights against the Portuguese who tries to rule their land. The production cost is estimated to be 20 crores, and the film opened to many accolades and critical appraisals.
10. ‘Memories’ (2013) It is a crime thriller directed by
, with Prithviraj enacting the role of a police officer, Sam Alex. The film got overall good reviews and appraisal of critics. With Sujith Vasudevan’s cinematography, it effectively conveys the feelings and emotions to the audience. Produced by P. K. Muralidharan under the banner of Anantha Vision, the movie met with fair success at the theaters. Vijayaraghavan,
, S. P. Sreekumar,
, and Mia George appears in other lead roles.