CAST & CREW
MORE CAST & CREW
At this juncture, Dhanush is basking in the success of his career in both Kollywood and Bollywood. He has truly evolved into a star, and his common man look (which he portrays with perfection in his movies) has always been welcomed with open arms by the audience. And now his movie Thanga Magan is released, much to the excitement of his fans. Let’s see how the movie turns out.
Dhanush hails from a middle-class family, and he is smitten by Amy Jackson, an Anglo-Indian girl. However, his parents say a strict no to his love. Well, Dhanush faces the usual love failure, and later he undergoes a transition stage. He gets married to Samantha Ruth Prabhu. Dhanush gets to understand what being a lover boy, and a family man is. What hurdle does Dhanush face in his life? Watch the movie to find out.
Dhanush is one actor who never compromises on quality acting and in Thanga Magan too he leaves an indelible mark in the minds of the audience. Amy Jackson looks gorgeous in the movie but is just average in her performance. Samantha Ruth Prabhu has done an exemplary job in this movie. She has dubbed for herself in this movie. K S Ravikumar has proved that a good director can also be a good actor while Radhika Sarathkumar does full justice to her role. Satish’s acting is impressive in the movie, especially his comedy scenes.
None other Kollywood movie this weekend is pitted against Thanga Magan concerning big budget. The trailer of Thanga Magan has received a positive response from the audience. The movie is also speaking in Telugu since the earlier venture of Dhanush, Raghuvaran BTech (dubbed version of Velaiyilla Pattadhari), was a success in Tollywood. Now it is apt to say that the bars are raised for this current endeavor of Dhanush (this movie is being produced by his home production, Wunderbar Films along with Gopuram Films). Velraj, the director, has again teamed up with Dhanush after VIP.
Thanga Magan falls under the genre of romantic comedy. Dhanush once again proves that he is the king of family drama. One of the major highlights of Thanga Magan is that it not only concentrates on the struggle of Dhanush.; it is also interspersed with the necessary factors to keep the audience hooked to the seat. It seems Andrea Jeremiah has lent her voice of Amy Jackson, and the verdict is a big affirmative.
1. A Kumaran’s cinematography is outstanding.
2. The movie has a perfect blend of youthful and family elements.
3. Music by Anirudh is scintillating and is sure to remain in your minds for some time. The number Enna Solla deserves special mention.
4. The romance element between Dhanush and Amy is cool.
5. The first half of the movie deserves accolades.
6. Vijay Murugan’s artwork is appreciable.
7. M V Rajesh Kumar has done A class editing.
8. Stunt Siva’s choreography of action scenes is brilliant.
What’s not there?
1. The villain character is not appealing.
2. The movie could have been executed better in the second half. It is highly nostalgic of earlier movies.
A highly entertaining movie..another jewel in the crown of Dhanush!
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS