CAST & CREW
MORE CAST & CREW
Bhooloham is a sports drama that has the charming Jayam Ravi in the lead. Now, Jayam Ravi is basking in the glory of the stupendous success of Thani Oruvan. Also, this year had been prolific for him as far as the number of films released; this is his fourth release after Sakalakala Vallavan, Romeo Juliet, and Thani Oruvan. Has Jayam turned out victorious through this movie? Read further to know.
Jayam Ravi essays the titular role (Bhooloham), and he belongs to North Chennai. The film is also interspersed with the evil-doings of a media group and the rivalry of two generations of boxers.
Jayam Ravi has done a fantastic job as a boxer. He has never donned such a role in his career. It is vivid that he has worked on his body, and his dialogues in Chennai slang deserve applause. Trisha does full justice to her character. Prakash Raj, Shanmugarajan, Ponvannan, Arpit and Nathan Jones (foreign star) have understood their roles and have done a neat job.
1. The climax scene is appealing.
2. Sometimes, the dialogues hit the bull’s eye.
3. S R Sathish Kumar’s cinematography is realistic.
4. The first half of the movie wins over the second half.
What’s not there?
1. It seems that the glamour quotient is added just for the sake of it. Trisha’s characters win even without glamor quotient.
2. Srikanth Deva could have worked well in the music department.
3. The second half reminds one of earlier movies.
Bhooloham has been delayed from being released for almost two years. Bhooloham is interspersed with the sports element. It is learnt that Jayam Ravi has put on 15 kgs to get the look of the boxer. Also, he had learnt the nuances of boxing from experts. While M. Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi had kickboxing this movie focuses on raw boxing.
Another commercial entertainer..that’s Bhooloham for you.
LATEST MOVIE REVIEWS