CAST & CREW
Writer-director Vineeth Sreenivasan has come out with a novel effort, and that is none other than the movie, Thattathin Marayathu. The movie has many heartwarming moments in it, and there is also humor aplenty in it. The movie stresses on love beyond the barriers of caste and religion, and is a daring effort by the director in a society that is very discriminative.
The plot is set in a village in Thalassery. The story opens up with Nivin Pauly as a resident of the village. He comes from a middle class family, who does not show interest in studies. He falls in love with Isha Talwar, and it is love at first sight. The happy moments are there as she positively responds to his love. What happens next is shown in a stereotypical way.
Nivin Pauly has delivered his best this time. Although he does not get it right in some scenes of the movie, he captivates everybody’s attention till the climax. The movie proves to be a milestone for the actor. Isha Talwar, the debutant actress, appears exquisite on screen. Aju Varghese has put in a decent performance in the movie.
The movie has got plenty of clichéd scenes, but the screenplay and dialogues by Vineeth Sreenivasan retain the audience in their seats till the movie’s climax. The way in which the movie has been narrated is one major asset. The movie thoroughly entertains the audience and is a pleasant surprise to the Malayalam moviegoers. However, the movie is not a perfect make, and there are scenes that do not stick to the logic. Some scenes, after the interlude, particularly those showing actor Bhagath Manuel, do not fit into the picture well. But, other technical aspects such as cinematography by Jomon T. John, and scores by Shaan Rahman take the audience on a joy ride.
What is there?
1. The performances by the lead actors saves the movie’s face.
2. Cinematography is above the existing standards.
3. Music by Shaan Rahman makes the audience dance to the tune.
4. The dialogues and screenplay by Vineeth Sreenivasan are of good quality.
What is not there?
1. Some scenes in the police station, with policemen aiding the hero in his romance, prove to be embarrassing and out of the way.
2. At times, the story derails from its path.
3. In a few places, the story lacks the weight that is expected out of it.
It is a good output by the director and artists as well. The movie will keep the audience hooked to their seats till the climax.
LATEST MOVIE REVIEWS