CAST & CREW
Plot: The movie starts where Pavan (Dileep) lives with his father Kuttikrishna Menon (Nedumudi Venu), who is a widower since last 24 years. Pavan runs a departmental store where Menon helps him. They both share an ideal father - son bond. Menon usually gets himself in trouble due to his friend Narayanan (Innocent), who wants to get married to a middle-aged woman. They both unintentionally get them in trouble and police (Kalpana) arrests them for eve teasing. Pavan always comes to the rescue of his father to bail him.
Pavan's college friend, Anjana (Navya Nair) plays a prank on him by calling him with a fictional name, Rose. But finally, she confesses that she was her junior in the college. Anjana lives with Sreedevi (Jayasudha) who is a music teacher. Later it is revealed that Menon and Sreedevi were lovers when they were young but couldn't get married due to their families. The rest of the story is about how Pavan, Narayanan, Anjana will help them reunite and how during this course love would bloom between Pavan and Narayanan.
Analysis: Sibley's attempt to make a family comedy movie is successful as 'Ishtam' was a commercial hit. Journalist Kalavoor Ravikumar has written the script and for a newcomer, such a cool story worked. Further some useful inputs by an ace director, Sify had helped to bring out a hilarious, comedy film. Screenplay and Music of the movie are commendable and adds to the mood. Rest all technical departments have done their best to make this a success. Star Performances: Dileep, the comedy king of Malayalam industry, has once again proved his caliber. He has smoothly performed the character of Pavan. Navya Nair is just a few films old in the industry but, she has put her best foot forward to carry the role of bubbly Anjana. These are good signs for the future of Malayalam industry. Innocent, as usual, makes us laugh with his comic timing. Jayasudha and Nedumudi Venu are the main pillars of the script, and they know it. That's the reason they have added their essence in their respective roles.
What's there ????
1. The story is not predictable, and it remains fresh till the climax.
2. All the actors have done exceptionally well and done proper justice to their roles.
3. Screenplay, Editing, Cinematography, and Music all have stood up to the expectations of the director.
4. Siby is exceptional with his direction, and unlike his previous movies, this one has something new to offer.
5. Comic timings of Dileep, Navya, and Isham will make the audience roll.
What's not there ????
1. An ideal father- son relationship also have some emotional content which is missing here.
2. The dialogues of Pavan with his father are a bit rude and harsh. They surely make us laugh, but we feel that little politeness would have also worked.
Verdict: ' Ishtam' offers its audience a bunch of funny gags and family audience would love to watch on - screen a new story and not again a typical love story.
LATEST MOVIE REVIEWS