In India, people have a great love for its cinema and actors. They have a special attachment with their beloved stars and therefore are always up on their toes to know more and more about their favorite hero and heroines. Our stars constantly seem to be in the spotlight and nothing much can be hidden from the outside world. Here are some of the interesting and unknown facts about the famous Bollywood actors that you will surely leave you gasping!
in his initial career days used to be an RJ for Radio Ceylon and always had a dream of interviewing his favorite actress Nargis. However, when this day finally arrived, he couldn’t utter a single word in her presence due to which the interview did not happen. Some years later when they happen to work together in the movie Mother India, the two fell in love and later got hitched.
2. It is a lesser known fact that Anil Kapoor’s family when first moved to Mumbai found a roof under
’s garage. Later, he shifted his family to one of the small houses of Mumbai’s middle-class suburbs.
, the beloved perfectionist comes from the lineage of a very famous revolutionary and profound writer, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. No wonder why perfection has always been running in the family!
4. Not many people know that Bollywood actress
is the great-granddaughter of Maurice Koechlin, who was one of the in the construction of one of the wonders of the world- Eiffel Tower in Paris, and also the exemplary Statue of Liberty.
5. Dharmendra has been one of the most charming actors that Indian film industry has ever produced. Not only has he always been a charmer, he has also been quite a gentleman. He fell in love with
while working with her but since he was already married to Prakash, he did not divorce his first wife. Reportedly he converted to Islam and married Hema. Doing this he was able to retain his both wives and family.
6. is known to have a whole library filled with his favorite books in his bathroom! Clearly, the actor does not skip any chance to catch a good read.
7. Raj Kapoor was known as one of the greatest showmen not only on Indian land but also outside the country. When Russia was going through a rough patch and the country was devastated, they saw a ray of hope and optimism in Raj Kapoor’s innocent smile. The people of Russia saw the greater misery been faced by another poor country (India) after watching Awaara in 1951.
has always been called a ‘Momma’s Boy’. Even after becoming such a huge star, the actor has not broken the tradition of taking pocket money from his mother. Her mother still gives him 1500 bucks every week.
9. While most people think of pampering themselves with expensive goodies or spending lavishly on themselves on getting their first salary,
Shah Rukh Khan
having a bare amount of 50 bucks in his pocket, went all the way to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. Now, that’s an unusual way of spending your first salary.
10. The role of the very famous antagonist, ‘
’ of the iconic movie Sholay was offered to
. However, the actor was dropped out of the movie since the scriptwriter,
was not very happy with his voice and thought it to be too weak for the role. The role was then passed on to
but eventually, Amjad Khan was given the final role. It’s hard to imagine someone else playing this classical part, if not him.