Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 8’s rehearsals started on July 22, 2014, while the shooting begins on August 2, 2014 in Surat, Gujarat. This is the first time that the show shoots outside Mumbai.
On August 17, the show’s grand premiere was broadcasted and then it was broadcasted regularly from Monday to Thursday for one and a half hours. After some weeks, it was aired for only an hour. Season 8 ended on November 6, 2014 and broadcasted 2 grand finale episodes; one is on November 9 and another one on November 16, 2014. The tagline used in this season is, Yahan Sirf Paise Nahi, Dil Bhi Jeete Jate Hain. Kapil Sharma of the ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ fame appeared in the grand premiere. Furthermore, CID’s Dayanand Shetty and Aditya Srivastava also made an appearance, followed by a glamorous dance performance by Maharana Pratap or Faisal Khan of Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap. The popular Shillong Chamber Choir of India also performed a Bollywood’s evergreen songs medley and a devotion song during the opening of KBC Season 8. On September 8, 2014, Murtuza Hashmi played as the 1000th contestant. Achin Narula and Sarthak became the first contestants to win Rs. 7 Crores; the highest jackpot prize on Asia so far. Megha Patil became the first female who won the ‘Crorepati’ on October 20, 2014.
The guest stars for this season are:
• Rani Mukerji played to promote the crime thriller film, Mardaani and won a total of 2,500,000.
• Aditya Roy Kapur and Parineeti Chopra played to promote their romantic comedy film, Daawat-e-Ishq.
• Priyanka Chopra played to promote the biographical sports drama film, Mary Kom and won a total of 1,250,000.
• Arjun Kapoor and Deepika Padukone played to promote the comedy film, Finding Fanny.
• Fawad Afzal Khan played to promote the romantic comedy film, Khoobsurat.
• Shivaji Satam, Aditya Shrivastav and Dayanand Shetty played for Maharogi Sewa Samiti charity foundation in Warora.
• Shahid Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor played to promote the Bollywood film, Haider.
• Anuj Sachdeva and Smriti Kalra played to promote the television series, Itti Si Khushi.
• The cast of the action-heist comedy film, Happy New Year played to promote their film and for the Diwali Special. The team won a total of 1,250,000.
• Ronit Roy, Ekta Kapoor and Pallavi Kulkarni also played to promote the television series, Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar and for the Grand Finale episode.
• The Box Cricket League Teams played to promote the reality show, Box Cricket League and for the Grand Finale episode.
• Ali Zafar, Ranveer Singh, Parineeti Chopra and Govinda played to promote the romantic-action-comedy film, Kill Dil.