CAST & CREW
Plot: The story is of a blind man Jayaraman (Mohanlal). Jayaraman is blind since birth. But like other blinds he has worked on making his other senses work extraordinarily. That's the reason he has an unbelievable sense of touch, smell and sound. He works in a building as an elevator operator. Many elite personalities live in that building. Everything is going perfectly. The story takes a turn when a retired judge, who lives in that building is murdered in his flat and by mistake Jayaraman reaches the spot of crime and is convicted for the murder. The rest of the plot is based on how will Jayaraman prove him innocent and help the police to find the real murderer.
Analysis: Priyadarshan has moved out of their normal comedy genre and tried something new in the form of Crime Thriller. The direction and narration is superb, and the plot is well built. The story is not stale and is having some new elements. The music in the movie is amazing and soothing too. Acting performances are also up to the level. National award winner Samuthirakani is also the part of the flick. Some comedy elements are added in the story, but the jokes are based on religion and communities which will surely hurt the sentiments of the audience. Technical department has done an average job.
Star Performances: The movie stands on the shoulder of only one man, and that is Mohanlal. He has done a fabulous task and made his character of a blind man look so real and touching. It seems that he has worked really hard to get into the character and adapt the body language of a blind man. It won't be wrong if we say that Mohanlal stole the limelight by his role of Jayaraman. Samuthirakani plays an important role and that too with perfection. The little princess Meenakshi has also done her character with great maturity. The supporting cast has performed well and made their presence felt.
What's there ????
1. Mohanlal's performance is superb, and he has done proper justice to his role.
2. Screenplay and music of the flick is set according to the mood of the story.
3. The story is ok but not extraordinary. The audience will remain in the hunt for something different from the script but unfortunately end up feeling sorry for yourself from keeping such an expectation.
What's not there ????
1. Although the plot is exciting, the film is dragged unnecessarily.
2. The end is quite unexpected and abrupt which surely irritates the audience.
3. Technical department is just average in their work.
4. Samuthirakani is a great actor but director fails to use well as the scope of his role is limited.
Verdict: 'Oppam' is an average suspense flick with some extraordinary performances. The only acting department is capable of pulling audiences to the movie hall.
LATEST MOVIE REVIEWS