CAST & CREW
Is this Sher as dignified at is shows in the title? Read the review to find out.
The plot of the film is quite old. Kalyan Ram is a civil engineer and helps his father. For the romance element of the story, he falls in love with Sonal Chauhan. And to add to the action spirit of the film Kalyan Ram avenges those who killed his mother and brother.
Kalyan Ram does only what is required of him. And that seems to act in favor of him. Sohal Chauhan is at her glamour best (maybe that's enough for a commercial entertainer like this!). There is nothing much to say about Brahmanandam's comedy. His character is crafted poorly, and you are left wondering about his poor form. There are several villains in the film.
Sure, Sher is a potboiler that tries to bring in all the box office elements required for success. Kalyan Ram should be praised for teaming again with Mallikarjun, though their previous endeavors Abhimanyu and Katthi, were not great hits. Accepted that the movie tries to attract the audience through the typical formulas that work. But the concern is not that. The concern is that it could have been presented in a convincing manner.
1. Kalyan Ram tries to lift the film by his developed acting prowess.
2. Action scenes are good.
3.. Thaman's music is commendable, particularly Chal Chalona and Surangani.
4. The comedy track of Ms Narayana and Ali is quite ok.
What's not there?
1. Mallikarjun's direction is very outdated. When filmmakers are spinning different stories of late in Tollywood, he bores us with this outmoded script.
2. The writing is not interesting though it has all the popular ingredients.
3. The second half drags.
4. One wonders why certain characters are inserted in the film.
5. The movie is clearly in predictable lines.
6. Editing is shoddy.
Sher only works in bits and pieces.
LATEST MOVIE REVIEWS