CAST & CREW
Ranbir and Deepika have come together again in a movie! This statement is enough to attract the fans.
The main strength of Tamasha lies in the inner wrestling of the characters. They have an unusual and complex relationship; the movie is indeed a journey to the self-realization of the main characters.
Ranbir is living in an imaginative world (the world of Tamasha wherein he is all set to essay various characters) and enjoys listening to tales from an old person in Shimla. His belief is that the mundane world is not his cup of tea. His father is quite domineering and wants his son to concentrate on school life. As years pass by Ranbir goes to Corsica and happens to meet Deepika, who is faced with a problem. Ranbir helps her but requests her not to talks to others about their meeting; he wants to keep it as though their meeting never happened at all. Then they change their identities (as Don Teja and Mona Darling) and go on a trip. Deepika is smitten by Ranbir, and when he leaves Corsica, she bids him adieu thinking that it's their last meeting. However, Deepika could not forget Ranbir even after four years and hence comes down to Delhi in search of him. They meet and eventually start dating (now they lead a normal life); to her surprise Deepika finds that Ranbir is changed. What happens to the love of Deepika? Will the two people unite? Watch the film to find out.
Imtiaz Ali’s style of narrating the story is quite routine. You become nostalgic of his previous movies like Jab We Met and Rockstar. Superficially Tamasha seems to be a love story but when you get deep into it handles several other angles. Tamasha may not vibe well with every audience. Ranbir Kapoor has carved a niche for himself in Bollywood, and if you happen to be a fervent fan of him, this movie will appeal to you.
Ranbir has proven time and again that he is one of the great actors of Bollywood and in Tamasha he has done full justice to this statement. As a person with different shades of personalities he just oozes confidence on screen. Deepika Padukone is at her stunning best, and she fits the role of the obsessed girl wanting the love of Ranbir again, to the T; The chemistry between Ranbir and Deepika is amazing. The supporting artists take a backseat as it is a whole and whole Ranbir-Deepika story.
1. The visuals are stunning. The beautiful locations of Shimla and Corsica are captured with great prowess. Hats off to S Ravi Varman!
2. Ranbir’s character is etched carefully. As a talented youngster who is caught in the trap of expectations, he works wonders.
3. Music of A R Rahman adds to the luster of the movie.
What’s not there?
1. Just as the male lead has a meaty role, the female lead’s character also could have had more depth in it.
2. The first half is in predictable lines.
3. We have seen such self-realization films of Imtiaz in Rockstar and Highway, so it is highly nostalgic.
4. The flow could have been better in this movie.
If you want to watch a film that is beyond the ordinary life, then Tamasha is the perfect fodder.
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS