CAST & CREW
Raman Raghav 2.0 is a film divided into eight chapters and based on the serial killings done by Raman in Mumbai during the 1960s. Raghav is a cop, who investigates these serial slayings. Will he be able to find the killer? Or are the cop and the killer two sides of the same coin?
Plot; Set in Mumbai in present, Raman Raghav 2.0 is based on the serial killings done by Raman. Ramanna, who admires Raman Raghav, a psychopath serial killer during the 1960s in Mumbai, is looking for is a soulmate, Raghav, and finds one in the cop, Raghavan. It is based on Sriram Raghavan’s 1991 film, Raman Raghav.
Analysis: Anurag Kashyap directs the movie. Kashyap sets his scenes in the slum areas of Mumbai. These are the places where Ramanna uses to find most of his victims. After his last directional venture, Bombay Velvet, this film is better and would make the audience rejoice. Most of the scenes in the picture took place in real locations in Mumbai. One of the most strong scenes in the movie is when Ramanna is seen with his relatives.
Star Performances: Nawazaddin Siddiqui plays the role of Ramanna in the flick. He is brilliant and terrific and overshadows everyone on the cast. It is his career- best performance in the film. Sobhita Dhulipala, who is Miss Earth India 2013, made her debut in Bollywood with this picture. Vicky Kaushal, portrays the character of a cop in the movie, is good, but his character is weakly sketched.
1. The performance given by Siddiqui was terrific.
2. The scenes laid arouse curiosity in the audience.
3. The flick is full of suspense and would give goosebumps to the viewers.
4. Anurag Kashyap has managed to get his characters through Mumbai’s slums and back alleys, which have given a special effect to the picture.
5. Music specified by Ram Sampath completes the effect.
What’s not there?
1. The role of Raghavan is weakly sketched.
2. The movie has a marvelous opening but brawls to build up to a great climax.
3. The script does not reveal more about the characters.
Verdict: The excellent acting done by Siddiqui gives life to the film. His performance will make you spellbound. Raman Raghav 2.0 does not upsurge to the expectations of the viewers. People who like thriller movies can surely watch it once.
LATEST MOVIE REVIEWS