CAST & CREW
MORE CAST & CREW
Kahaani 2-Durga Singh, which has the talented Vidya Balan in the lead role, has been released amidst huge expectations. Now let’s see whether the film lives up to our expectations.
Vidya Balan is the doting mother of her differently abled daughter and when she learns that her lovely daughter is missing she panics a lot. She wanders through the roads of a small town located in West Bengal. While Kahaani which was shot in Kolkata and Vidya Balan going in search of her missing spouse, had the suspense factor intact, what happens in Kahaani 2? Does Vidya find her daughter? Watch the movie Kahaani 2 to unravel these questions.
Vidya Balan doesn’t disappoint us and gives the desperate look with ease. One can empathize with her character. Arjun Rampal leaves a lasting impression with his expressions. Jugal Hansraj, who features in an extended cameo, does a role that is different from the characters that he had essayed in the past. And he does a decent job in that too.
Kahaani 2:Durga Rani is helmed by Sujoy Ghosh and is filmed predominantly during night. The flashback scenes are presented well by the director and will keep the audiences hooked to the seat.
• The character of Vidya Balan is well-etched.
• The film has a realistic feel to it.
• The BGM of Kahaani 2 gels well with the tempo of the movie.
• The cinematography of Kahaani 2 is commendable.
• The first half of the film is one of the major assets of the movie.
What’s not there?
• Sometimes the scenes of Kahaani 2 goes in the predictable lines.
• There are some scenes which show out to be humorous but are not that funny.
Though there might be some negatives in the film it can be watched once for the good performances. And not to miss the thrilling element, which works in parts.
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS