Nenu Sailaja Movie Review
ORE AST REW
- Music Director:
- Devi Sri Prasad
- Kishore Tirumala
- Several elements, essential for a potboiler are wisely interspersed throughout the movie.
- The first half is great, and the humor part is entertaining.
- Naïve romance is told in a beautiful manner in this movie.
- Sameer Reddy’s cinematography is appealing.
- Devi Sri Prasad’s music is an added attraction to the movie.
- Dialogues, though simple, strike the right chord with the audience.
- In an attempt to tell many things the director falters.
- The second half of the movie goes at a slow pace.
- The second half though rides high on family emotions is quite predictable.
- The strength of the heroine’s character could have been continued in the second half too.
Nenu Sailaja is the first movie to be released in Tollywood in 2016. The trailers of the movie have created a lot of expectations on the film. Well, how has the film turned out? Read more to know.
Ram is a carefree guy who wants to experience the magic of love. He goes on a proposal spree but much to his despair all the girls turn down his proposal. And our poor hero, who is very much disturbed, decides not to get entangled in love again. He happens to meet Keerthi one day and after they become close Ram proposes to Keerthi but the latter rejects (to be precise, she doesn’t know to express her love). Do Ram and Keerthi unite? Watch the movie to find out.
This seems to be the career-best performance of Ram, and he has truly evolved as an actor over years. He gives a stunning performance in the film. Sathyaraj has time and again proved his mettle, and here too he does full justice to his role. Keerthy Suresh, who debuts in Telugu cinema, has given a convincing performance. Let’s hope she works more in Telugu cinema. She shares a good chemistry with Ram. The parents of the lead pair are the highlight of the movie. The scenes involving Sathyaraj and Vijayakumar add spark to the movie.
Energetic Star Ram has been in bad form, and he has vested hopes on Nenu Sailaja. And it’s apparent that the film will give him the much-needed appreciation.
Director Kishore Tirumala surely seems to know how to extract the best from Ram, and he has done that with full conviction. The energy level emitted by the character of Ram is very evident in the movie. Also, the father-daughter bond is quite complicated in this movie. Having said that, the director has concentrated more on it that he fails to explain the bond between the father and his son.
What’s not there?
There is nothing novel in this movie. However, the performances and well-executed scenes make it worth a watch.