Brahmotsavam Movie Review
ORE AST REW
- Mahesh Babu
- Prasad V Potluri
- Music Director:
- Mickey J Meyer
- R Rathnavelu
- Srikanth Addala
- Srikanth Addala
- Mahesh Babu
- The scene before the interval is very interesting.
- The cinematography by Rathnavelu is a feast to the eyes of the audiences.
- The dialogues by Srikanth Addala are impressive.
- The onscreen chemistry between Mahesh Babu and Kajal Aggarwal and Mahesh Babu and Samantha Ruth Prabhu is very impressive.
- The music by Mickey J Meyer has already earned wide reception among audiences. BGM is commendable.
- The screenplay could have been better.
- There are too many numbers in the first half of the movie which interrupt the movie’s flow.
- The second half of the movie lags behind, and there could have been more efforts put into it.
- The editing by Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao could have been brief.
The movie Brahmotsavam created much interest among the audiences even before release. The teasers, trailers and the numbers in the movie have created a longing in the fans to watch the movie. Also, since Mahesh Babu is in the movie, the movie is sure to draw a huge amount of audiences during its opening today.
The movie portrays the value of family relationships. Srikanth Addala, the movie’s director, has given importance to relationships in this Mahesh Babu starrer. There are seven generations of a family being shown in this movie. The movie is meant to be a family entertainer. The movie starts with a narration by Samantha. Sathyaraj owns a paint company, which is worth several crores. He had started the company with minimal investment. He had borrowed money from Rao Ramesh’s father to start the paint company. Rao Ramesh has already developed a seething jealousy and hatred against Sathyaraj. Someway or other he wants to usurp Sathyaraj’s wealth. He decides to lay the bait by marrying off his daughter Parnitha Subhash to Mahesh Babu, Sathyaraj’s son. But, Mahesh Babu is in love with Kajal Aggarwal. An angry Rao Ramesh severs his ties with Sathyaraj’s family. Sathyaraj is heartbroken and dies. But, before his death, he conveys his last wish to his son Mahesh Babu. The rest of the movie is about how Mahesh Babu handles things and comes out with luck in his favor.
Mahesh Babu has an onscreen charisma that will surely draw the audiences to the theaters. The performance by Mahesh Babu is commendable and he is the cynosure of all eyes. Sathyaraj does his role with utter conviction. The roles done by female leads as Kajal Aggarwal, Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Pranitha add to the glamour in the movie. Rao Ramesh has got a good body language on screen, and his utterances on screen are worth applause. He has lived up to the expectations and easily projects villainy on screen. Other supporting artists as Revathi and Jayasudha have also performed well.
The movie’s plot has been developed by Srikanth Addala, and the movie is meant to be a family entertainer. However, the execution could have been better.
What is there?
What is not there?
The movie does not betray the expectations among Mahesh Babu fans and turns out to be a weekend treat.