Pavada Movie Review
ORE AST REW
- Music Director:
- Aby Tom Cyriac
- Bipin Chandran
- The first half of the movie is entertainment galore; Prithviraj along with Anoop Menon are at their comic best.
- The maturity, which is essential for such movies, is handled well in this movie.
- Prithviraj and Anoop Menon share a wonderful chemistry.
- The cinematography of Pradeep Nair is one of the highlights of the film.
- Music of Aby Tom Cyriac complements well with the mood of the film.
- The second half doesn’t quite live up to the expectations.
- The editing could have been handled in a prudent manner.
- The screenplay is tad dull.
Pavada has been in the news for quite some time and has finally hit the screens. Director Marthandan badly wants a hit in Pavada since his earlier endeavor with Mammootty, Acha Din, bombed at the box office. But with Prithviraj churning out hit after hit hope that this film gives the much-needed break for Marthandan. Let’s see how the film has turned out to be.
What good does it make when you are good-hearted but is addicted to alcohol? Anoop Menon and Prithviraj share a similarity; they both are hardcore alcoholics. And their earnest well-wishers seek the resort to get them cured through a de-addiction centre. Do they come out of alcoholism? Watch the movie to find out.
Prithviraj, who is basking in the glory of three consecutive hits, has done an outstanding job; he just lives the role of an alcoholic. With his lungi-dressed look and the red eyes, he gives the perfect picture of an alcoholic. As for Anoop Menon, he effortlessly slips into his character. Asha Sharath has proved her mettle once again while Miya is equally effective. Nedimudi Venu, as usual, does a convincing job, and his tryst with comedy is appealing. Other artists like Chemban Vinod, Siddique, and Maniyanpilla Raju have supported well.
Mollywood has produced certain outstanding talents and Prithviraj and Anoop Menon, fit into this category. They are the major highlight of the film and in some places, their acting compensates for the other flaws in the movie.
What’s not there?
Some great performances save the film.