2 Penkuttikal Movie Review
- By: nettv4u.com
- Movie story for the film: ""
- Streaming on:
- Runtime: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- Certificate: U
- Released: 22-01-2016
- Genre: Drama
ORE AST REW
- Jeo Baby
- Tovino Thomas
- The premise of the movie is good.
- Mathews Pulickan’s music is excellent. The song Aakasha Neelima is a treat to the ears and gels well with the tempo of the film.
- Adwaith Shine’s cinematography is appealing.
- The narration of the movie is not up to the mark.
- The scenes could have been executed in a convincing manner.
- The dialogues are not convincing.
- Certain scenes in the movie are not acceptable.
Women empowerment is the most talked about subject in the history of humanity. Though our Indian society is largely male-dominated, thanks to the various relevant campaigns, importance is also given to women nowadays. Several Malayalam films have also touched upon women empowerment. One such attempt is 2 Penkuttikal. Let’s see how the movie has turned out.
Anna Fathima and Shyam Bhavi are two young girls who share a beautiful bond. They have a different background, but that is no hindrance for these caring friends. When they attempt at things that are not typical of girls they are scolded. Both their mothers have different aims for their daughters; Anna Fathima’s mother teaches her the basic etiquette of life while Shyam Bhavi’s mother inculcates the sense of standing on he own foot, in her daughter’s mind.
Once it happens that the friends plan on taking a leave from their classes and having a day of their own. But there is a twist in the movie; the two pals separate on that day. What made them take this decision? Will they be close buddies as before? Watch the movie to unravel these questions.
Anna Fathima and Shyam Bhavi, have done an outstanding job as the two buddies. They elevate the film to an altogether new level. Amala Paul and Tovino, have a long special appearance in the movie, and they shine in their roles.
Director Jeo baby doesn’t give any solution to the feministic problems faced in our society. The movie just delves into the issue and in this regard, the director has made an earnest attempt.
What’s not there?
2 Penkuttikal is a simple film that is full of energy.