Guddu Ki Gun Movie Review
ORE AST REW
- Shantanu Ray Chhibber
- Sheershak Anand
Given the title the test for the director is to see to it that the film doesn't cross the line of vulgarity. Also, the director should satisfy the taste of the general audience. And one should tell that the director has considerably succeeded in the attempt.
What to say about the plot of the story? Well, it is borrowed from a couple of Hollywood flicks. Salesperson Guddu is a very flirtatious person in Kolkata and eventually ditches one of his girlfriends. The "big" price that he has to pay for his cheating forms the rest of the story.
Kunal Khemu does the role of a sensational Playboy with great ease. His comic timing is also stupendous. Well, one should not miss his Bihari accent. He has the knack for such characters.
Sumit Vyas is the surprise element of the film since he has a character that is quite equal to Kunal Khemu. And he does absolute justice to his role. Payal Sarkar has done what is required of her. Aparna Sharma is ravishing, but she has less scope to perform.
1. There is a thin line of demarcation between good humor and vulgarity. And the filmmakers Sheershak Anand and Shantanu Ray Chhibber have boldly tried to do a good job.
2. The comic timing is indeed good in the film.
3. The dialogues will surely tickle your humor bone.
What's not there?
1. The songs test your patience.
2. The female characters seem to have been interspersed with irrelevancy.
3. Logic is a bit too far in this film.
4. Screenplay and editing are not up to the mark.
The movie has a unique theme that is not touched by Bollywood. Also, this is the world of WhatsApp and Facebook, and some of the truths in the flick have the greatest messages that were being forwarded in such platforms.
The story is whacky. Accepted. But still it makes you laugh. Also, amidst its stupid plot, the message that the film delivers is indeed commendable.