TAKING ACTION IN A BORING RELATIONSHIP
In the early days, a relationship with a partner must be fun and exciting. However, over time, how come it feels boring? Well, if you experience this, you have to calm down a bit from all the overthinking. There are ways you can overcome this condition.
Being in a relationship with someone for a long period of time, whether in courtship or marriage, is certainly not always easy. One of the problems that are often encountered in long-standing relationships is the feeling of saturation that hits.
You need to know feeling bored with a relationship that has lasted a long time is actually a human thing, really. Because, as humans, we have an innate need for variety and novelty. Even so, that does not mean that boredom in a relationship can be taken lightly. Feeling bored is a sign that there are some things that need to be considered or even changed in your relationship because if allowed to drag on, boredom in the relationship can trigger more serious problems, such as cheating, which could be really harmful.
Various Signs Of Boredom In Relationships
The following are some indications that may appear if you or your partner are feeling bored with the relationship you are in:
- No longer interested in anything about your partner
- Can't enjoy time spent with a partner
- Feeling happier with others
- Feeling uncomfortable or unhappy when thinking about the future of the relationship
- Feeling that you have anything common with your loved one
- It's hard to find a topic of conversation with a partner
- Often feel annoyed at your partner for no apparent reason
Causes Of Boring Relationships
There are several things that can cause boredom in your relationship with your partner, namely:
- Don't have the same goals or interests as your partner.
- Lack of meaningful or deep communication
- Not having each other's hobbies or interests outside of relationships.
- Sacrificing one's own interests, likes, or ideals for the sake of the relationship
- Doing a monotonous routine with a partner.
- Underestimating the relationship, for example, by no longer having the desire to spend time together or not talking about problems that exist with your partner
How To Overcome Saturation In A Relationship
Well, so that the problem of boredom with relationships does not drag on, some of the ways below you can apply to overcome them:
1. Communicate Feelings To Each Other
If you are bored with the relationship you are in, the first thing you need to do is to communicate it with your partner. This is because communication is one of the keys to a successful relationship. You can also look at this aspect on a more spiritual level by having the best online psychic readings. Hopefully, both of you may find a way through this method. But of course, it’s always better if you think about the problem more personally the first time.
Be honest with your partner about your current feelings and desires. Then, ask your partner to do the same. That way, you and your partner can both think of the solution that best suits the cause of boredom in your relationship.
2. Change Your Mindset
When feeling bored with a relationship, someone will usually tend to see things that are not good for the relationship or partner. In fact, it may not be that big when compared to the positive things that exist.
Therefore, try to think about the positive things or advantages that your partner has, and start to focus on those positive things, not the other way around.
3. Change The Routine With Your Partner
As mentioned earlier, one of the causes of boredom in relationships is monotonous routine. So, if you are bored with the relationship you are in, try changing your daily routine by doing new things with your partner. Research says that doing activities together can be an effective way to combat boredom in a relationship.
Well, there are a few things you can try, namely finding new TV shows or movies to watch together, exercising, or traveling together.
Then, you can also keep a journal containing photos of your favorite memories with your partner. This is useful for reminding you of the good times or memories with her.
You need to remember that every relationship has its ups and downs. So, most importantly, no matter how big the problem is, you and your partner are still both willing to try to maintain your relationship.