is the 5th season of the very popular reality show, Bigg Boss on India, which was broadcasted on Colors. The show was premiered on October 2, 2011 and ends on January 7, 2012, hosted by film actor and producer,
. Bigg Boss 4 host,
hosted the opening of the show, some of the eviction episodes and the Diwali special together with Sanjay Dutt and afterwards, Sanjay became the permanent host of the Bigg Boss 5.
During its launch, 14 selected housemates went inside the Bigg Boss house located in the town of Karjat in Maharashtra. But the show added four wild card entries during the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th week and 3 guest entries also entered the house which gave the show a total of 21 official housemates that are completely unknown to each other. They have spent 14 weeks in the house, locked out all together with 55 cameras around them. This season was called as the most controversial among any other seasons.
On October 2, 2011, Bigg Boss was launched and presented by the dancing Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt. The two entered the stage together while riding on their big bikes. The marvelous introduction showcased various features of the show and welcomed all the participants. Bollywood actors, Ajay Devgn and
also joined the event for the promo of their upcoming movie and television serial.
Initially, Bigg Boss 5 was made up of 12 girls, 1 man and one transgender. On day 8, one man entered the house and another one on day 15 and another on day 23. On day 38, one houseguest also joined the show, then wild card entrée, model and former porno star
entered on day 49. On day 77, houseguest,
from the Australian cricket team also made his entry and popular sumo wrestler, Yamamotoyama entered on day 91.
The names of the housemates are
, the father of
who became popular for his films Satte Pe Satta and
, who was seen in the Kamasutra Condom ad;
, a television anchor;
, the wife of the Proofreader, Charles Sobhraj;
, a television actress who got fame in Saarrthi;
, a known face in the entertainment news industry; Raageshwari, who gained fame for doing the role of Sardaji in the TV series, BPL Oye;
, the first Afghan who joined a beauty contest since 1974 and was crowned as Miss Afghanistan in year 2003; Mahek Chalal, a popular Bollywood actress;
, a wrestler who is pregnant when she joined Bigg Boss 5;
; a VJ and talk show host;
, a Rajashan singer and dancer;
Laxmi Narayan Tripathi
, a transgender, dancer and activist;
, an actress, singer, dancer and television presenter;
, a model and actor;
, who won in the MTV Splitsvilla; Akashdeep Saighal who appeared in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Swami Agnivesh; a social worker.
Juhi Parmar was proclaimed as the Bigg Boss 5 winner on January 7, 2012.
Another version of this story...
The Bigg Boss Season 5 started on October 2, 2011 on Colors TV and ended on January 7, 2012, after completing a total of 98 days inside the Bigg Boss house in Karjat. Fourteen selected housemates, four wild card entries and three guest entries, entered the house and spent 14 weeks under the supervision of fifty five cameras installed around the whole house. Salman Khan presented the opening of the show, while actor and producer, Sanjay Dutt replaces him as the host for the entire season. Bigg Boss Season 5 is the most controversial season among any other seasons.
Television personality, anchor and actress, Juhi Parmar was the declared winner of Bigg Boss Season 5, while the Indian-Norwegian actress,
became a runner-up. Mahek was evicted on Day 17 and returned to the house to join the spin-off, Bigg Boss Halla Bol.
During the opening of the show, Ajay Devgn was featured for the promotion of the Bollywood action black comedy film, Rascals. Actor, Samir Soni also appeared for the promotion of the television serial, Parichay.
Season 5 begins with twelve ladies, one man and one transgender. Later, three men also entered on day 8, 15 and 23 respectively. One houseguest also entered the house. The Indo-Canadian model and actress, Sunny Leone became a wild card entry on day 49 and then on day 77, former cricketer, Andrew Symonds also entered the house as a guest. On day 91, Yamamotoyama, a popular Japanese Sumo wrestler entered the house as well.
The following celebrities entered the house:
• Bollywood actor, Shakti Kapoor, who have acted in more than 700 films.
• Former actress and talk show host, Pooja Bedi.
• Television anchor, Sonali Nagrani who won the Miss India International in 2003.
• The alleged wife of Charles Sobhraj, Nihita Biswas. They were rumored to get married inside the jail in Kathmandu where Chrales is lodged.
• Television actress and model, Shraddha Sharma who rose to fame in Saarrthi.
• Popular anchor of Headlines Today, Mandeep Bevli.
• Pop singer, model, anchor, actress and former VJ of MTV, Raageshwari of BPL Oye fame.
• Vida Samadzai, a former Miss Afghanisthan who won the crown in year 2003.
• Actress and model, Mahek Chahal who played the main lead role in Nayee Padosan.
• Professional wrestler, Sonika Kaliraman who is six months pregnant when she entered the Bigg Boss house.
• VJ and anchor, Pooja Misrra who joined UTV Bindass’ The Big Switch.
• Popular singer and dancer, Gulabo Sapera from Rajasthan.
• The transgender activist and dance instructor, Laxmi Narayan Tripathi.
• Television actress, presenter, dancer and singer, Juhi Parmar.
The Wild Card Entrants are:
• Model and actor, Amar Upadhyay of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi fame.
• MTV Splitsvilla winner and MTV India VJ, Siddharth Bhardwa.
• Television actor and a runner-up of the Gladrags Manhunt Competition in year 1997, Akashdeep “Sky” Saighal.
• Porno actress, entrepreneur and model, Sunny Leone.
The Guest Celebrities who appeared in Bigg Boss Season 5:
• Social activist, a scholar of Arya Samaj and social worker, Swami Agnivesh.
• A former cricketer and World Cup winner, Andrew Symonds.
• Former Japan Sumo Wrestler, Yamamotoyama Ryuta.