Parvarrish literally means upbringing and as the name suggests, the serial is based on the story of two sisters who are trying their best to teach their kids good values and raising them as good individuals.
The show premiered on 21st November 2011 and ended on 14th August 2013.
The show focuses on the difficulties that parents face during the upbringing of their children and what the kids and parents learn out of their experience and mistakes.
Sweety Ahluwalia is a strict mother who always scolds at her kids for studies and their habits. On the other hand, Pinky Ahuja likes being friends with her kids because she thinks that will help them communicate and share problems with her better.
• Shweta Tiwari as Sweety Ahluwalia: She represents a control freak mother who wants the best for her children. She believes that being strict will not let her kids go off track. She has two kids, Rocky and Ginny.
Shweta is well known face of Indian television. She is known for her role as Prerna in Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
• Vivek Mushran as Lucky Ahluwalia: He is a flamboyant and happy-go-lucky father who believes in enjoying his life. He is a self made man.
• Tapasvi Mehta as Rocky Singh Ahluwalia.
• Rupali Ganguly/Barkha Bisht as Pinky Ahuja: Pinky always strives to be a good daughter, a good wife and a good mother. She doesn’t believe in scolding her children. She is married to Jeet Ahuja and has 3 children, Raashi, Raavi and Sunny.
• Aanchal Munjal as Raavi Ahuja.
• Khanchandani as Raashi
• Vishal Singh as Jeet Ahuja: He portrays a calm and balanced father who believes in explaining and listening to his children rather than enforcing things on them.